Horugel parts

Carol Beigel carolb@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 21:56:34 -0400

Avery Todd wrote:

> Hi list (or what's left of it right now),
>    Boy, talk about slow. I wish I could have gone to Dearborn. Seems like
> almost everyone else on the list has.
>    Anyway, I did an outside tuning on a Horugel studio this morning. It has
> a mute pedal with one of those adjustment things in the middle of the
> connecting rod (to adjust how far up/down the felt is in relation to the
> hammers). How's that for a concise description? My problem is that piece is
> missing and the mute strip is just up in the air against the front panel.
> Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these? I remember
> seeing them before but not what brand of piano it was on: Yamaha? Kawai?
> Young Chang?
>    I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
> BTW, who makes/distributes Horugel anyway?
>
> _____________________________________
> Avery Todd, RPT
> Moores School of Music
> University of Houston
> Houston, TX 77204-4893
> 713-743-3226
> atodd@uh.edu

Avery:

I think the Horugel was the precursor to the Young Chang.  They use a
plastic screw-in thing that is awfully large to lose.  Check the bottom
of the piano again.

Also, I think most hardware stores carry a nut that a threaded rod enter
from each end.

Can hardly wait until better experts again come on line!

Carol Beigel