DISINFECTING PIANO

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:10:43 -0600

At 01:40 AM 18/07/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I have listened very carefully to several reports about the haunta (sp?)
>virus, which is the big bugaboo everybody is worried about. As far as I have

It's "Hanta"...

>heard, that particular virus is only spread by RATS, not mice. Mice are,
>however, the carriers for a bunch of other nasty stuff which I have begun to

Out here in the northwest it's mice, and particularly deer mice that carry
the virus. When dealing with ANY animal or insect contamination it's best to
wear rubber gloves and at least a particle mask.  Life is too short to play
games with virii.

As for rats, they don't exist in Alberta and I've never seen one here since
they patrol the borders so well. The govt. has issued a warning about deer
mice and the hanta virus, though.

>be much more careful about. Gloves, maybe a dust mask, a stern (but tactful)
>lecture to the piano owner, and an appropriate fee for the extra equipment
>are all good ideas.

If you wear the appropriate equipment, people might take it a little more
seriously, and it IS a serious thing!

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada