DISINFECTING PIANO

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 01:40:16 -0400

<< Out west here we have a very
 dangerous disease that is spread to humans through our lungs when we stir up
 dust from a mouse nest. I think rubber gloves may also be recommended as the
 virus can also be picked up via skin contact.

 Scott Johnson >>

I have listened very carefully to several reports about the haunta (sp?)
virus, which is the big bugaboo everybody is worried about. As far as I have
heard, that particular virus is only spread by RATS, not mice. Mice are,
however, the carriers for a bunch of other nasty stuff which I have begun to
be much more careful about. Gloves, maybe a dust mask, a stern (but tactful)
lecture to the piano owner, and an appropriate fee for the extra equipment
are all good ideas.

Dave Stocker, RPT