"experienced" pianos

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 13:30:27 -0500

List,
   The following was posted to the piano list a few days ago. I've seen
several postings recently about Brambach grands but do not remember ever
running across a Brambach upright.
   I'm curious to know if they are as *wonderful* <G> an instrument as the
grands are. Any comments?

>i dont know if this is the right place to deal with this topic, but i want to
>know if any of you know about BRAMBACH pianos. I found an upright one, about
>40/50 years old, in a store in Denver selling for around $1000. The piano
>looks very good but it was out of tune so I could not get a feeling about its
>sound, they are going to have it tuned for me to try it next weekend.
>Is that a quality brand?, Does anybody know any specific tips, derived from
>own experience, to bear in mind when buying used pianos?
>Leopoldo

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston