Benches, best source?

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Fri, 05 Jul 1996 10:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 McNeilTom@aol.com wrote:

> Please advise as to suppliers of excellent  __hard top__ conventional
> benches.  I am restoring a M&H, mahogany, beautiful, that needs a new bench.
>  It should have nice woodworking and finish, a moulded-edged seat, regular
> square-tapered legs with cast brass ferules.  Price not as important as
> quality.

Tom,
	I've had great luck with Paul Jansen for all kinds of benches.
High quality, excellent service, and prices are reasonable for what you
get. I recently bought a solid mahogany bench from them, the only downside
being that when you get one with a real mahogany top, they don't finish
it. My clients were happy to finish it themselves.
	Steve
Steve Brady, RPT		"Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington	dream of man."	--Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu