LIST OWNERS: update on listproc troubles

Information Provider Coordinator ipc@prairienet.org
Tue, 02 Jul 1996 06:28:01 -0500

The listproc is now completely down again, after working sporadically for a
while last night.

Messages which have been sent to lists and aren't bouncing (moderated list
mail seems to be bouncing) are being queued and should be sent once the
listproc is back up.

E-mail to the admin address - listproc@prairienet.org - is bouncing again.

We have been working on the problem but are no closer to a solution than we
were yesterday.  At this point we're not even sure it's a listproc problem
per se.  The recent total reinstallation of system software on one of our
computers last Friday is not making it any easier to diagnose the problem.

We don't know how long the listproc is going to be down, it may be a few
hours or a few days.

We apologize for the downtime and the inconvenience this is causing the
thousands of subscribers to our 60+ lists, not to mention the listowners who
have to deal with floods of e-mail from distraught subscribers.

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

-- Karen

Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
ronberry@iquest.net