Kimball is gone! Now what?

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 12:08:44 -0500

Les Smith wrote:
Actually, Bobby, they're already in production and coming out of mainland
China under the name of "Pear River". Any time now they're going to change
over to the name Kimball and no one will ever know that Kimball is gone.
In case you don't recognize the name "Pearl River", it's more commonly re-
ferred to by the name of a Chinese boat: junk. Kimball may be gone, but
it's reputation lives on. Why would any dealer want to stock a piano similar
in quality to a Kimball?

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net

...then Don Rose said:

So what is wrong with the Vienese edition Grand piano. If you compare it with
out inexpensive grands it is very competitive.

my reply:  Nothing, if you don't mind a piano that sounds and plays like
these do.
I got to go with Les on this one. I won't work  on them,either.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com