Tight Action Centerw

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 22:02:37 -0500

A Baldwin Acrosonic, like new, very little use, has extremely sluggish
hammers, about half or more of them.  Need some opinion on the following:
  1.  Alcohol (Lavacol?--70% ethyl alcohol, denatured) and water (probably
      need to repeat application)  Abt a 1:3 mixture
  2.  Silicon and naptha (which I'm told was recommended by Wurlitzer)
      Don't know the silicon/naptha ratio; I probably should
  3.  Protec

Which (if any) of the above is the more appropriate as a first stab at
solving the problem?

Bobby,
In my world, Naptha is hard to come by and Protek is precious.  If this
Acrosonic is exhibiting the sluggishness I have seen before, I would use the
alcohol (I use 50-50, but that's up for debate).  I will do one soaking, let
dry overnight, soak again and another 12-24 hour drying period.  Then I test
them, working them in a little.  I had to do this with a Wurlitzer console
last year that had siezed jacks.  The recommendation was for Naptha, but two
soakings with the aforementioned procedure freed them right up.  In my part
of the country it is mostly dissuse that these action centers sieze up.
 Repeated soakings or another approach may be needed if in5 days you see no
improvement

Eric Leatha
Tunrboy@aol.com