Bone keytops

DBHersh@aol.com DBHersh@aol.com
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 22:55:48 -0500

>. He said,
>"lately it seems like there's been an epidemic of key washing in the
>concert halls where I've played. Please tell your colleagues, if you get
>a chance, to refrain from washing the keys unless the pianist *asks* you
to."

Steve,
   Thanks for sharing this information. I've never run into this situation
before but I can see how it could really tick some artists off. Before I
learned about Yamaha Ivorite replacement jobs I tuned a piano for Ronnie
Milsap and when the Yamaha Piano showed up the keys were disgusting looking.
I tried to wash it off not knowing that you can't wash discolored ivorite but
I did not even want to touch it. Right about the time I was worried that
Ronnie Milsap would be upset with me that I didn't wash the keys I realized
he was blind! Later on in the year I happened to be at Yamaha in Buena Park
where their C&A Pianos are housed and I looked over in the corner and
recognized that piano from the filthy keys. It was in to have a replacement
keyboard. I understand that old keyboard is hanging on a wall in a club in
Nashville or somewhere like that.
Adios,
Doug Hershberger,RPT