Instrument condition

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:19:27 -0600 (CST)

Ed,
   Thanks for elaborating on my post about pitch raising. Only one comment
in my defense. If a piano is down 100 cents or more (even, sometimes, 50 cents
or so), the first time over it I, too will only pull it up to A440 the first
time. Especially if it's an old one. That gives me a good feel for the
elasticity left in the wire.
   If a piano is REALLY flat, as you say, you can create new bends coming
from the hitch pins by pulling it all the way the first time. It's been so
long since I've had to do a "big" pitch raise I forgot to mention that. I
agree with you.
   Thanks for your post.

Avery Todd, RPT
University of Houston