Instrument condition

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 01:46:10 -0500 (EST)

Allen,
The string breakage, if tuning is done properly, is the fault of the piano's
poor condition, not my fault.  Yes, I charge for the repairs and I discuss the
possibility and probability and expenses with the customer before starting.
      Think of it this way, the jmuffler man says he will try to reuse your
clamps to save you money, but then they break anyway.

Does he put on new clamps for free?  Nope, he charges you the full price.
You can't be expected to pay for your labor and parts.  Just make sure
the customer knows in advance and agrees to the experiment and method.
RPTEd Hilbert, P