Terry Greene's querry on techniques for filing new bridge pins...

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 20:01:30 -0600 (CST)

I use the 1" long pins APSCO sells because they will bottom out well
even when consecutive holes were drilled to different depths originally.
I also epoxy the new pins in place.

Like Brent Fisher, I file first with a belt sander after masking the
board with newspaper on either side of the bridge.  The belt sander is
quick and doesn't heat up the pins appreciably (keep it moving and use a
light touch at first with a sharp eye out for the height you want).
After that, I lay a flat file across the pins lengthwise and file along
the length of the bridge to even up any height irregularities (don't cut
your fingers on those *sharp* pins!) and give the flat pin tops a
uniform look.

Not to say this is *the* way to do it but (so far) I like it :)

Regards,

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu