BPS

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:44 -0500 (EST)

Colette Collier wrote:

>For any of you who have been thinking they should consider a BPS (backup power
>supply), I'd like to highly recommend you get one before you duplicate my
>experience of the past 10 or so days.  I was sending a message to my "out"
>basket when the power flickered off, then on.  It was the wrong psychological
>moment, as they say--in the middle of an application.  Restoring backups don't
>work if the file is corrupt.  I couldn't retrieve messages, file retrieved
>messages, and nearly lost my entire file cabinet and address book.  I am back
on
>line, with backup power protection so that this shouldn't be a problem again.
>
>Take it from one who now knows.  It ain't just doing backups--

For those of use who use laptops, we already have a built in UPS or BPS,
the internal battery!.  When the power went out a few weeks ago, I was in
the middle of a compiling with Metrowerks Codewarrior, everything
finished just fine. In fact, since we were out of power for almost a day,
we transfered our Piano Service Manager system to my portable and ran our
business from there (with oil lamps lighting the room!).  I have an
auto-charger, so I just had to take the laptop out to the car once to
charge.

Dean

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                    Sanderson Accu-Tuner      *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.             Authorized Distributor    *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE               "Software Solutions        *
* Cedar Springs, MI  49319               for Piano Technicians"     *
* Me: 616-696-0500  Fax: 616-696-8121     email:  dean@reyburn.com  *
*          (Watch this space for our WWW page comming soon!         *