The metal tuning pin insert shims.

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 22:02:26 -0500

I've been watching you guys chat about dope, Garfields and now pin shims.
 Why not try this approach- WALK AWAY --no- RUN!  There is nothing as
frustrating (save tuning a 1098) as tuning a piano with no pin friction, so I
don't.  I tell them their options, then leave.  If they want it done cheaply
they can call someone else, I don't want the callbacks or the hassle.
If you really want those pins tight, dump a quart of power steering fluid on
'em, that'll swell those slipp'ry holes.

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com