The metal tuning pin insert shims.

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet1.buffnet.net
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 01:28:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Steve. I assume we're talking basket-cases here, where you hope
that the tuning job will last just long enough to give you time to move
to another city, or at least change to an unlisted phone number, right?
Although they're listed in the catalogs, I've never even SEEN a piano
where metal pin bushings were used. I have seen some situations where
wood veneer was successfully used for bushing loose pins, but it can
only be considered a short-term, band-aid approach at best. You've really
got to start working on better quality pianos! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net