Accu-Tuner problems

Lawrence A Gardner 70714.1631@compuserve.com
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 02:35:17 -0500 (EST)

Kent Swafford writes:
<<--The worst problems I have had getting a note to read have been while
trying to get a reading on some pianos for note F3 at the F6 level
(8th partial) which is necessary for getting a stretch number reading
for the "F" in FAC.>>

I have had this problem as well.  It always seems like it's the large, quality
grands like a Stienway B or a  Yamaha C5 or C7.  I've found that sometimes it
helps to actually put the SAT on the plain wire strings adjacent to the F3 (be
sure your SAT is clean!).  Let me be clear:  this is only for measuring the F6
partial for the FAC program.

Crucify me if you want, but it does seem to help for me.

Larry Gardner