Harpsichords: Rectangular T-pins?

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT 75601.2765@compuserve.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 22:15:15 -0500 (EST)

My thanks to all who helped me with the harpsichord question.  Thanks
especially to Lew Surdam who says:

>I have a harpsichord tuning lever for "antique tuning pins" which we
>bought from David Wey of Zuckermann Harpsichords in Stonington, CT. The
>tel: (203) 535-1715. I have not been in touch with this firm for many
>years so I can't be certain if they are still around.

I *was* able to order a rectangular lever from Zuckerman for $18 + s/h.
Yes they are still alive and well, they even have an email address!

I just gotta repeat the funniest thing I've heard in a week from Newton
Hunt:

>I am using a harp tuning key and in a real pinch you can use your let-off
>regulator with a handle.  I hate those pins.
>The professor says that it adds authenticity to the instrument.  My question
>her was, "You like to have some bubonic plague to go with the damned thing,
also?".

Dean

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                    Sanderson Accu-Tuner      *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.             Authorized Distributor    *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE               "Software Solutions        *
* Cedar Springs, MI  49319               for Piano Technicians"     *
* Me: 616-696-0500  Fax: 616-696-8121    75601.2765@compuserve.com  *
* (Watch this space for our WWW page soon!)    or dean@reyburn.com  *