Lap Top Computer

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT 75601.2765@compuserve.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 22:15:10 -0500 (EST)

Dick Day writes:

>Interested in software for laptop, scheduling especially, and any other neat
>uses for piano techs.  What software.  Also does anybody have a feel for how
>the IRS feels about computer kept milage logs, etc.

I am using (of course ;-) my own Piano Sevice Manager and Tuning Manager
on the road on my laptop.  PSM runs my whole schedule, and customer
database.  I know of at least a dozen users of PSM that use it on the
road this way.  They carry their complete customer list, service history
for all pianos ect...

With Tuning Manager I can keep a special tuning for each model or each
customer if I want, and download it on the spot to the Sanderson
Accu-Tuner.  With the Macintosh version of TM, I use Chameleon 2 to
record the piano using digital audio, and the calculate a great custom
tuning for transfer to the SAT.  Chameleon is called that since the user
can decide the tuning "color" or octave stretch.  (Chameleon 2 passed the
RPT exam at 100% several times!)

I was audited 4-5 years ago, and the IRS accepted my computer printed
schedule as my mileage log, so I don't keep a seperate one anymore.
PSM's schedule lists all the places you went, and that is what they want
anyway.  The auditors were a little overwelmed that I was that organized,
and moved right on to the next item.

Dean

P.S.  We still have free demo disks of Piano Service Manager, and Tuning
Manager for DOS or Macintosh.  Soon to have a down-loadable demo from our
Web site, when it is on-line.

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                    Sanderson Accu-Tuner      *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.             Authorized Distributor    *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE               "Software Solutions        *
* Cedar Springs, MI  49319               for Piano Technicians"     *
* Me: 616-696-0500  Fax: 616-696-8121    75601.2765@compuserve.com  *
* (Watch this space for our WWW page soon!)    or dean@reyburn.com  *