Harpsichords: Rectangular T-pins?

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 08:12:39 -0600

Parts of Dean Reyburn's post:
>...this one is reported to have
>RECTANGULAR tuning pins!  I assume they look like a small version of the
>old square-grand oblong pins.
>
>If anyone knows where I can get such a tuning lever, let me know.  All my
>usual sources don't have one.

I have two of those type levers.  One is a cream puff, the other so-so.
You may have the so-so, if no resources develop for you.   Who knows, it
might be a cream puff in your neck of the woods.  Let me know .

>I am also open to any other suggestions on tuning harpsichords.  Is there
>a standard histerical temperament that is usually used?...

Is that hysterical, histerical, or historical?  :-)  Unless someone
requests a certain temperament, I have always tuned each note to its
respective pitch.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee