Harpsichords: Rectangular T-pins?

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT 75601.2765@compuserve.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 08:43:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi All;
I have the opportunity to work on a fairly new harpsichord for the
Symphony that I have tuned the pianos for for many years.  It has been
many years since (10+?) I tuned one of these, and although I have a
regular harpsichord tuning lever, this one is reported to have
RECTANGULAR tuning pins!  I assume they look like a small version of the
old square-grand oblong pins.

If anyone knows where I can get such a tuning lever, let me know.  All my
usual sources don't have one.

I am also open to any other suggestions on tuning harpsichords.  Is there
a standard histerical temperament that is usually used?  I can do any
temperament easily, since I carry a Mac laptop with Tuning Manager, MIDI
interface, and an Accu-Tuner.  TM has 57 histerical temperaments built
in, and I have added several more custom temps.

Dean

PS Did I hear someone mention there is a harpsichord listserv?

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                    Sanderson Accu-Tuner      *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.             Authorized Distributor    *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE               "Software Solutions        *
* Cedar Springs, MI  49319               for Piano Technicians"     *
* Me: 616-696-0500  Fax: 616-696-8121    75601.2765@compuserve.com  *
* (Watch this space for our WWW page soon!)    or dean@reyburn.com  *