Protek (from: Re: Concert tuning stability fuse)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 07 Feb 1996 22:51:40 -0600

Some of David Sanderson's post:

>...Does anybody know what the lubricating agent is in Protek CPL?...

=46luoropolymers in Solvents (from a Protek container)

>BTW,  I'd like to know why this liquid costs $40.00 per quart? ($160 per
>gallon?)

By your statement I infer that seems expensive to you, but it's not.  It is
a great product!  The mileage one gets out of it and the results it
provides are beyond compare.  Protek has done more for the piano business,
in turns of generating revenue and solving problems, than any one product I
can recall.  It is simply a revolutionary, space age lubricant.

 > Is it a derivitive of a rare rain forest nut?  How about a Material
>Safety Data Sheet on it?

If this really matters to you, David, it sounds like something you may want
to investigate further with RAN and other pertinent agencies.  Or how about
the makers themselves?  PROTEK=81lubricants, PO Box 99, Port Jefferson, NY
11776.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee