Accu-Tweaker anomoly -Reply

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Mon, 05 Feb 1996 12:56:58 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, David Graham wrote:

> Jim,I have noticed a similar problem with my SAT only on S&S B's, for
> note C3.  I found that moving the SAT to a slightly different position
> solved the problem-apparently it was sitting on a standing wave. Since
> the problem for you appears on different types of pianos, you might also
> try an external mic to see if the internal mic has a fault.

I tried this, and it did make a difference.  I now carry an external mike
in my kit to plug in if I need to.  I was thinking for a while that my
machine was defective because the reading problem seemed to crop up a
year of so after I bought it.  Also, I find that if I squeeze the case
lightly in the area of the display/mike, the display brightens
considerably.  This was making me think there was a bad trace on a
circuit board or solder joint.  I have put off having it checked out
because of the inconvenience of being without it for the duration.  Now,
after having read this thread, I'm questioning my assumptions again.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA