pin dope

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Fri, 02 Feb 1996 22:01:28 -0500

 >An older technician in our shop remembers that many years ago he
>knew of someone who used a seemingly effective solution composed of
>antifreeze. Anyone have any comments?

This was related to me by my mentor, Paul Schiller, about a budget grand that
a woman "just had to have" (it was slated for the landfill).  He poured a
good dosage of anti-freeze in the block ('til it welled up in the plate) and
the pins grew tight.  However, a week later when he went to tune it, he had
to explain why the laminations of pinblock were dropping in chunks onto the
keybed.

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com