pin dope

BOYINGTONR@aol.com BOYINGTONR@aol.com
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 23:48:36 -0500

I've been following the posts on liquid solutions with not a little interest.
There are those
situations where repinning and/or a new block is not feasable for various
reasons. An older technician in our shop remembers that many years ago he
knew of someone who used a seemingly effective solution composed of
antifreeze. Anyone have any comments?

Also, after one of your suggestions, I tried drilling a very small hole thru
tuning pin bushings on one budget grand candidate and must admit that it is
slow & tough going. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks a million!

Richard Boyington
Piano Technical Coodinator
Amro Music Stores, Inc.