hammer butt springs

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 17:51:39 -0700

>>Can't help with the why, but APSCO carries Silk Cord, page 83, part #494
>>1/2 that I have been using.  Quality fishing line would probably suffice,
>>though I have no practical experience with such.
>
>The fishing line is synthetic and they get brittle with age.
>I believe a good source for cord would be Renner.

One of my customers is a weaver who works with silk a fair amount. She gave
me enough silk cord let over from her projects to do about a dozen pianos.
Apparantly, pieces under 18 inches or so just go into the garbage.

Perhaps there's a source there which could be mined for some people. Local
craft stores may carry something similar as well.

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com