cutting felt.

Dave Swartz DMS2000@PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 18:27:23 -0500 (EST)

At 02:24 AM 2/1/96 -0700, you wrote:
>> buy yourself a rotary cutter and self healing mat.
>
>Speaking of rotary cutters, which I have come to love dearly,
>does anyone know where to get extra long pieces of the green
>self-healing mat? Like maybe 48"? And what sort of plastic is
>the mat made of, anyway?
>
>-david
>
>David Parkhurst
>Assoc. -- S.F. CA, PTG
>wind@crl.com

David: Zip on over to a fabric store and you will find several types and
styles of mats.  You will also find Fiskars (I think this is the spelling)
rotary cutters w/blades.  I found a large mat on sale, cut it in half, set
up fences and can custom cut cloth for numerous applications. This works
great for cutting new backcheck leather too. Another helpful tool is a 2" to
3" flat steel about 4 foot long found at most building centers.  The steel
is used for the cutting edge and is shallow enough for the rotary blade to
follow, not getting in the way of the cutter housing.  I'd be lost with out it!

Good Luck

Dave Swartz, RPT
dms2000@pioneerplanet.infi.net