Player piano questions

kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 08:13:21 -0600 (MDT)

Fred,

Thanks for the rundown on the Reblitz book, I've had some techs here in
Canada offer to loan me their copies (brave souls, I only lend books to
people that have signed notes from their parents)

Funny you should mention Larry Givens' book, I ordered it from Schaff
yesterday ($19.95 U.S., not including exchange and shipping, still much
cheaper than Reblitz) However, Schaff is totally out of the Reblitz book,
and don't know if they are getting any more.

Regarding the electric vacuum unit... the client has bought the piano and
brought it to me to rebuild. That part of the deal is done. He doesn't
play, and wants it to work at the flick of a switch. IMHO, I suspect that
expression may not be his paramount concern. I mentioned the PianoDisc
unit (digital playback system) and he replied that he wants an original
player (with the electric pump?? Oh, well). So, when I receive the
deposit from him, I'll order the unit (with auto-re-roll, I know that
he'll want that as well).

Thanks...

Rob Kiddell
Edmonton, Canada