Odor problems

Paul Brown paulb@Direct.CA
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 23:46:21 -0700

Keith: The piano that Rick used the BAC-OUT on was a real old beater. He
said that it had the most disgusting odor he had ever smelled. Apparently
it was the result of mouse droppings and urine on the keybed and the bottom
board of the piano.

He simply took a damp cloth (of BAC-OUT) and dabbed it on the keybed and
keyframe (after removing the punchings of course) and the bottom board. He
did several applications using it straight out of the bottle (because of
the horrific smell of the piano!). I'm not sure of the time factor involved
(for the bacteria to do its job) because he just told me that if he had
allowed the BAC-OUT more time to do its job, and not be in such a hurry,
perhaps one application is all he would have needed.

He also said that the solution worked perfectly, for his piano. I can only
suggest that you give it a try, and I'm sure you will be happy with the
result. I haven't heard of anyone else who has come up with the 'solution'
like this.
Its possible that you may have to clean larger areas of the inside of the
piano, if there were other pests involved. (Perhaps even the keys).

Also, I know that the stuff is available at Bellis Fair Mall in Washington
State, so it should be readily available in your area. Or contact
BI-O-KLEEN Industries in Portland Oregon. They should be able to supply you
with the technical information.

Paul A. Brown
Vancouver, B.C. 011