Player piano questions

kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:07:04 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all!! Looks like I've got a player-piano to rebuild (Starck, ca. 1930)

Having worked on a couple of other players more than 5 years ago, I'm
rusty and need a good plan of action (terrible pun)

I've been attempting to lay my hands on Reblitz's Player rebuilding book,
but being in Canada, importing costs are astronomical (50-80 Canadian bucks).

Question 1. Is Reblitz worth it, or is there another standard to go by?
(Names, titles, technicians to contact?)

Question 2. The client wants a vacuum unit installed as well. Having
never done one (and holding off the price estimate until I find out the
labour involved...) has anyone else done this type of install.

That's all... Looking forward to any responses,

8-) Rob Kiddell
    Canada