concert tuning

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:45:19 -0500 (CDT)

Dave (SMU),
   I guess I'm lucky in one way. We have a separate Organ Recital Hall so I
don't have that problem. My biggest problem is how much the primary concert
instrument is used during the day. In the past it has been as much as 6-8
hours and more. The faculty has their studio classes in there as much as is
possible (the recital hall) plus a few large classes that meet in there. So
tuning early is almost a waste of time. It makes for a long day (i.e. a lot
of comp. time) but I tune at 5:30 when there is a recital.
   We all have our particular crosses to bear, I guess.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu