Texas!

Barb Richmond brichmon@titan.iwu.edu
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 08:03:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> Barb,
>
> > I won't be involved in the search process. (Read: don't contact
> > me about it.)
>
> I can hear the administration grumbling now...after you dragged them
> kicking and screaming into the reality that your job deserved
> recognition (read that money and bennies). Then you up and leave!!!
> Such a callous disregard for their feelings ;-}
>
> I certainly hope you get to fill in your replacement with _all_ the
> details of your fight. If not in person, I'm sure you could find
> a place to leave an "orientation" letter.

Conrad,

I realize you were joking, but the head of the keyboard faculty thanked me
for having pushed for the position--now they don't have to worry about
creating a position *and* find someone to fill it.  Actually, my
leaving has been expected since my husband has been in graduate school
and was looking for a job.  (Yes, there *was* a ____long____ discussion
about whose job got the priority.  Has anyone seen the movie Forget Paris?)

I started writing that orientation letter to the next technician last
summer.  I give some information about what I did & why, a few suggestions
about scheduling, *and* the background & schedule for the piano replacement
and rebuilding program (the R&R Program is the biggie--I was handling *all*
the details of it.)

Well, I'm taking the day off to get the house ready to sell--eek!  I'm
*really* looking forward (just joking) to sorting through all that stuff
in my shop. . . . . . .

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois