Palestine, TX

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 18:32:19 -0500

Dear Barbara,

Welcome to Texas! We're glad to have you in the Lone Star State.

My name is Tom Seay and I'm on the staff of the University of Texas at
Austin (one of four technicians). Having worked here for some time, I can
imagine how difficult it must be for you to give up your University job
(and the benefits). Oh well, I guess you do what you have to.

I've enjoyed reading your posts on pianotech very much. I hope you can stay
online when you're in Palestine. Speaking of Palestine, what a beautiful
part of the state! You're right on the edge of the Big Thicket, a natural
preserve which covers most of deep East Texas. Numerous lakes, streams and
rivers makes the locals refer to it as "God's Country". Southeast of
Palestine, around Lufkin and Nacogdoches, you are in the piney woods of
East Texas. North and east of Palestine, you come across the cities of
Tyler, Kilgore, Longview, and Shreveport, Louisana. Of all the places to
live in Texas, I think that East Texas is probably the best - except for
Austin, of course : - )

When you get situated, you might check at Stepen F. Austin State University
in Nacogdoches and Tyler Junior College in Tyler. They both have music
programs and might be able to get some work for you. This area really
hasn't had very many technicians in the past, so you might be able to build
up some business for yourself. If there is anything we can do to help you,
please let us know.

If you ever find yourself in Austin with some time to spend, call us and
stop by UT for a visit. We'd all love to meet you. Once again, welcome!

Regards,

Tom Seay
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
The University of Texas at Austin