crank call

Gordon Wilson gwilson@prairienet.org
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 10:20:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 1995 PNOTNR@aol.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is no big deal, but for about the third time this year I got a crank
> call on my business phone.  It was the routine where the caller says that
> he's got a ferret stuck in his piano.  I've learned by this point to see it
> coming, and before the caller can get too far into the call, I just
> say,"sure, I'll be there at 6:00AM tomorrow" and then I hang up.
>
> I think the only part I find puzzling is that I just don't get the joke!
>  Anyone else get this call?
>
> Gordon Large
> Maine

Gordon? Gordon here!

You just never know!  Many years ago I received a frantic after-hours
call from a woman.  Seems her cat was stuck in one of the old
giant-coffin-like Wurlitzer amplified reed organs.  The cat had crawled
in through the expression pedal (probably after a mouse) and refused to
come out.  Those monster organs are bears to disassemble, but I finally
got the beast out of the beast!

Gordon Wilson