Concert work...

Sat, 23 Sep 1995 07:40:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi John ol' bud,

>I had comp tickets and was there anyway, but
>didn't happen to notice the strings go out in the first half. What do the
> rest of you do in these situations?

>            jminor@uiuc.edu//John Minor//University of Illinois

For both faculty and visiting artists, I make myself available at
intermission and go backstage. I then ask the artist if there is anything
they feel needs to be done. Usually, unless a string has broken or some
other catastrophe has occurred, they say "No, it sounds just fine, thank
you."

I then go back to my seat and _enjoy_ the second half with a clear
conscience.....;-)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College             | (319)-387-1204