Re Texas

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 16:41:33 -0400

                      Subject:                              Time:  4:38 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Re Texas                              Date:  9/19/95

--------------------ORIGINAL POST----------------------

Friends from Texas,

My husband is considering accepting a position in Palestine (that's
Palesteeeeeen!) Texas.  It would be quite a change in climate (not to
mention leaving my position at IWU--oh no!) and was wondering if
there's anything special I should know about servicing pianos in that
area.  For example, I *have* worked on pianos that transferred up here from
that part of the country (south & east Texas) that were. . . well . . .
bug infested.  Surely, that is not the case all the time (if so, maybe
I'll find a new career).  Does one just dump a can of roach proof inside?
Are there any other quirks to servicing pianos in that climate?

Thanks Y'all,

Buy a Stetson, find a horse to ride to your tunings, and learn how to use a
Smith & Wesson to kill the rattlesnakes in the bottom of the piano. It won't
hurt to learn to think BIG, too.

Anonymous

PS  --  If you're a democrat, don't admit it.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois
brichmon@titan.iwu.edu