hammer butt springs

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:14:25 -0500 (CDT)

Bob,
   I just happened to be on this thing so I thought I would give you my
two cents worth.
   The experiences I've had with those wire thingees has been that after you
remove the felt and pull out the springs, the new ones will usually just
wedge down into the slit in the stick thing. You can use a screwdriver blade
to wedge them on down into the slit. Then refelt the stick and you're
basically done except for any bending you might need to do to try and even
out the tension in the springs.
   Hope this helps.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu

PS. Have fun. Don't you just love those tedious type jobs we have to do
sometimes.