plate bolts

Barb Richmond brichmon@titan.iwu.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 12:21:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 1995 Wippen@aol.com wrote:

> Was this a nose bolt,perimeter lag bolt, or one of the pinblock screw in the
> web area? I'm also puzzled by the "other" hole near the "scene of the crime".

It's one of the bolts on the perimeter.  The "other" hole looks just like
the holes the plate bolts go through.  Often I've seen small *locater* holes
drilled in the plates of rebuilt instruments, but this one is, as I said,
as big as the other holes.

> You could remove the broken off remainder of the bolt with an E-Z out if it
> will reach that far. You might have to have an extension welded to the E-Z
> out to increase its length:(

It *is* going to be a trick to work on.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois
brichmon@titan.iwu.edu