plate bolts

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 12:34:05 -0400

Barbara,
Was this a nose bolt,perimeter lag bolt, or one of the pinblock screw in the
web area? I'm also puzzled by the "other" hole near the "scene of the crime".

You could remove the broken off remainder of the bolt with an E-Z out if it
will reach that far. You might have to have an extension welded to the E-Z
out to increase its length:(

I've had bolts,screws, and lag bolts break before. I've never found the
problem to extend to other bolts and screws in the same instrument. Probably
just a fluke.
Hope this is of some help.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com

P.S: Congratulations on your recent appointment!!