Pre-hung hammers

David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 18:45:53 -0500 (CDT)

I have used pre-hung Steinway hammers about 3 times and they worked very
well.  The strike point was surprisingly close.  It's common to have
to move a few hammers when I hang them so moving a couple of theirs was no
big deal.  The reason I haven't used them more is simply that I'm not that
fond of Steinway hammers.  They can be made to sound good, but it seems I
have to do a lot more to them than others.  Renner will also prehang
hammers if you send them samples but it seems like they charge $150.00 or
so.  For that price I'll hang them myself.

Dave Porritt
SMU - Dallas