Tooner Tales

TUNERJIM@aol.com TUNERJIM@aol.com
Sat, 09 Sep 1995 21:03:42 -0400

This story is true.  While tuning a new customer's piano i couldn't help
staring
at an enlarged photo over the piano, head and shoulders of a young man in a
tuxedo.  I supposed he was the lady's son.

As is my custom, after tuning the piano I started playing a few songs, both
relax while enjoying my tuning and to entertain the customner. I have a set
number of tunes which I gradually vary over time. On this instance, I played
the
country western tune "I Can't Help Loving You."  I had hardly gotten started
when the lady rushed into the room and gasped "That was his favorite song!"
She then went on to explain that shortly before he died in an auto accident
he
continually played or sang that song.

I let the lady think that we had a coincidence.  Maybe we did have, but,
friends,
that was the first time I had ever played that tune!  Spooky, eh?

Jim DeRocher
Bucolic Tuner