Pre-hung hammers

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Sat, 09 Sep 1995 15:03:52 -0400

Avery Todd posted:
>>   I have considered using pre-hung hammers, but I've been concerned about
the accuracy of the strike point, especially in the high treble. Did you have
any problem there? I've always been told that most American brands are not
"that" consistent in manufacture. In other words, the ideal strike point
could
vary "a silly millimeter" from piano to piano. Of course, a few hammers could
always be reglued without too much trouble if that were the case. What are
your thoughts on this.<<

Based on this one experience using the quality of product and service I
received from Brooks, Ltd., any minor variations that might occur can easily
be handled with a thorough understanding of the regulation process, a little
patience, and ample time.  (I had no problem with the strike point.)

I will send to you the posts I received that helped me to make a decision via
your email address.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter