Pre-hung hammers

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Sat, 09 Sep 1995 00:55:03 -0400

Back in June I posted:
>>I am considering pre-hung hammers for1967 Steinway D at Oklahoma Baptist
University in Shawnee, Oklahoma.  Any recommendations and/or suggestions from
those who have traveled this route.<<

After all the excellent input from you, Pianotech aficionados, I went with
Encore hammers pre-hung on Tokiwa shanks and flanges from Wally Brooks &
Company.

They are now mounted and in use.  Re-regulation was definitely necessary, but
the power and projection capabilities of the Encore hammers became more
evident with each step of the regulation process.

All that remains is final voicing according to the directions that were sent
with the hammers.  But no rush at this point as the "powers that be" like
what they are experiencing *now*.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  Thank you all for responding!

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter