piano rental

Greg Hudak greg@peabody.jhu.edu
Wed, 06 Sep 1995 18:59:06 -0400 (EDT)

Dear fellow university technicians:

      I recently picked up a Stwy M from the 20's that needs
rebuilding, of course.  But I am toying with the idea of renting the
piano out to a student (it is tunable and regulatable as is).  Pianos are
in high demand here at Peabody, and it would be easy to find a taker.
Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?  As I will
eventually be replacing everything in the piano anyway, I am not too
concerned about any wear that heavy playing would incur. Can anyone
advise on some of the do's and don't's?  Or has anyone had any negative
experiences in doing this?  Any comments would be appreciated. (Directly
to me or on the list, as you wish.)

P.S. Thanks to all who responded to my Bechstein leg query--Tom, good to
see you online once again.

Greg Hudak
Baltimore, Md.