Hammer Technique

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 06 Sep 1995 11:12:11 -0500 (CDT)

Ken,

   I'm not an expert at all on this subject, but I think what you need to
be most concerned about is that the pin actually moves in the block. With
very tight pins the pin can also twist or lean/bend before it actually moves
all the way down. I tend to jerk in VERY small increments up and push back.
This seems to work well for me. But the important thing is that any twist,
etc. introduced into the pin be righted before you leave it or you will not havea stable tuning.

   I'm sure some others will be able to offer more complete explanations, but
I hope this will be of some help.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd.@uh.edu