Drilling Plates

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.demon.co.uk
Sat, 02 Sep 1995 21:07:30 +0000 (GMT)

In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.950902074528.31642A-100000@pacifier.com> Larry Fisher writes:

>If memory serves me correctly, graphite is used in the casting
>of iron.
Yes your memory is wright But it is spheroid graphite, all so the
modern frame (plate) is vacum casts to keep out impurates and
forme a more reliable cast.

> Soooo.......if there be graphite in the plate, drilling the t-pin hole
> larger would be totally destructive if there be an existing hole in the pin
> block don't you know.

Yes!.... but I did plug the old holes in the wrest pin plank (pin
block) before pluging the frame (plate) Soooo no problemo.  as
yet!!!

 Drilling the plate first then drilling the pin
> block is a more gooder idear, but still be advised, REMOVE ALL PARTICLES
> OF CAST BEFORE DRILLING NEW PIN BLOCK HOLE......EH?  Removing the plate
> all together to do your drilling is most bestest, but I can understand
> the reluctance when the job was bid with out this proceedure in mind.

I agree under normal times I whould have taken out the frame
(plate) and be more relaxed and not haveing to watch were the
chaff lands.

> Regarding the application of WD40 on the drill bit(and yes I read the
> part where you wiped it off)...................I only use WD40 as
> a precursory activity along with shaving and primping and such, before I
> go on a date with some rather muscular and kinky women.  A constant
> supply of air directed on the bit during the drilling operation helps
> keep the bit TOTALLY COOL DUDE!  The introduction of yet another
> lubricant (deodorant for some) would make me think about this whole thing
> a bit different.

ye hum well if you say so :-)

 I feel the tuning pin hole should be a very clean area,
> wood only, no contaminants of any kind, especially lubricants, no matter
> how minute.

know on this wee do agree.

> Now if y'all don't mind, I'm going to try some home made blueberry "lick
> koor" before I go to bed........eat your hearts out!!!!

  Id rather eat some of that pie

--
                        \ | /
                        (o o)