OLD BORE/NEW BORE FLANGES FOR BALDWIN F #72449

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 02 Sep 1995 12:51:12 -0500 (CDT)

Newton,
   Thanks for replying. No, I have no intention of using adj. flanges. That is
what a previous technician had done, presumeably to solve the problem of
the new OR old bore flanges not working on this particular action.
   By comparing the old adjustable flanges with the diagrams of flanges in the
Pianotek catalogue I found one that is almost exactly the same in total length,
distance from center of screw hole to center of knuckle and from center of
knuckle to center of drop screw head. I have ordered a set of these and hope
they will solve my problem. If not, I guess I'll have to order a set of
unbored flanges and cut them to length and bore my own screw hole.
   I guess my real question was why won't the new bore flanges work on this
particular action, when according to the serial number, they should?

   Avery Todd
   atodd@uh.edu