Caster Cups - The Final Chapter?

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Sat, 02 Sep 1995 12:14:06 -0400

Just when you thought it was safe to read a post again...

I got a good laugh from Jim Harvey's reference to the caster cups protecting
the floor from oxidizing casters after the pet relieves itself on the piano
leg.  At that point I should have known better than to laugh real hard.
 Yesterday I found proof of this protective capacity when I went out to move
an Everett grand for one of my clients and found this to be exactly the case.
In this case his poodle had made a puddle.  Well, at least there's always
something new in this business.

BTW, I have had to restring before from a tom cat marking its' territory on
the bass strings, but not anything regularly on the legs.

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Gilreath@aol.com

"I could never quite take dogs for granted." - James Herriot