Drilling Plates

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Sat, 02 Sep 1995 07:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

If memory serves me correctly, graphite is used in the casting of iron.
Soooo.......if there be graphite in the plate, drilling the t-pin hole
larger would be totally destructive if there be an existing hole in the pin
block don't you know.  Drilling the plate first then drilling the pin
block is a more gooder idear, but still be advised, REMOVE ALL PARTICLES
OF CAST BEFORE DRILLING NEW PIN BLOCK HOLE......EH?  Removing the plate
all together to do your drilling is most bestest, but I can understand
the reluctance when the job was bid with out this proceedure in mind.

Regarding the application of WD40 on the drill bit(and yes I read the
part where you wiped it off)...................I only use WD40 as
a precursory activity along with shaving and primping and such, before I
go on a date with some rather muscular and kinky women.  A constant
supply of air directed on the bit during the drilling operation helps
keep the bit TOTALLY COOL DUDE!  The introduction of yet another
lubricant (deodorant for some) would make me think about this whole thing
a bit different.  I feel the tuning pin hole should be a very clean area,
wood only, no contaminants of any kind, especially lubricants, no matter
how minute.

Now if y'all don't mind, I'm going to try some home made blueberry "lick
koor" before I go to bed........eat your hearts out!!!!

--- Larry Fisher RPT, Portland Metro's Authority on PianoDisc Systems
        For more information call (360) 256-2999 in Vancouver, Wa.
                      or email larryf@pacifier.com