Steinway upright rebuildingLoudness (was)

Fri, 01 Sep 1995 14:34:44 -0500 (CDT)

>  I don't use the Loudness factor in my program. After talking to Al Sanderson
> about it, he convinced me that it was a pretty useless calculation.

I wrote a scaling program on my computer years ago using the formulae in
PTJ articles of Calculating Technician. I graph the I, Z, NT/H, and T on
semi-log paper, so the Z line winds up being pretty flat most times.

My basic question is: are there any units with that factor?

If I am consistant in my calculations, then all my scales relate to each
other, but how do they to the outside world? Should I really care?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | Ya win some, ya lose some,
Luther College             | Some is tied, and some is definitely