OLD BORE/NEW BORE FLANGES FOR BALDWIN F #72449

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 01 Sep 1995 12:28:19 -0500 (CDT)

   I have just opened an e-mail account here at the University of
Houston and would like to know if anyone else has encountered the same
problem I have and, if so, how you solved it.
   I started to install new bore shanks and flanges, from Baldwin, on
the action but the screw holes are not even close when knuckle and
center pin line up. According to the measurements given in the
American Piano Supply catalogue the old bore would not work either.
   I may have solved the problem by ordering some different parts from
Pianotek that match my existing parts almost exactly when compared to
the diagrams in the catalogue. Some previous technician had solved
the problem by using adjustable flanges, cut to fit. But I wanted to
return to standard type flanges. The action spread is correct
according to specs. from Baldwin (Kent Webb).
  The wippens and rail (a Wessell, Nickel & Gross) appear to be
original.
   I know that according to the serial number the new bore should work,
but the fact is, they won't.
   If anyone has a solution I would appreciate your comments. I don't
know at this point if my address appears in this message, so, just in
case, sent to ATODD@UH.EDU.
   Thanks!